11 Common Foot Problems
11 Foot Problems are as follow:
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS. When there is increased stress on the arch, microscopic tears can occur in the plantar fascia, usually at the attachment to the heel. This causes inflammation and pain with standing and walking and sometimes at rest. It usually causes pain and stiffness in the bottom of the heel.
- BUNION / HALLUX VALGUS. Bunion enlargement on the side of the foot near the base of the big toe (hallux). This enlargement consists of bursa (fluid filled sac) under the skin. The bunion term is also often used to describe abnormalities (bone) called structural hallux valgus abducto (HAV). Bunions can be painful and can be aggravated by activity and wearing tight shoes.
- MORTON NEUROMA. At the foot neuroma, neuroma is a nerve that becomes irritated and swollen. If the nerves still upset, it can become thickened which makes greater nerve and cause further irritation. Pain from a neuroma is usually felt on the ball of your foot.
- CORN or CALLOUSES. Corn Callouses and callouses are thick and hard skin areas. This disorder usually develops due to rubbing or irritation more prominent boney. Skin, thick hard corn is called if it is on your feet and are called heartless if elsewhere on your feet.
- NAIL FUNGUS (ONYCHOMYCOSIS). Nail fungus (onychomycosis) Fungi as a warm humid and dark (as in shoe). Fungal infection of the toenails may cause the nails to become discolored, thickened, brittle or loose. There are different causes and is difficult to treat because the nail violence.
- INGROWN TOENAIL (IGTN). Ingrown toenail grows into the nail (onychocryptosis) An ingrown toenail can occur due to various reasons. The sides or corners of the nails usually curve down and put pressure on the skin. Sometimes the nail penetrates the skin and then continue to grow into the skin. It can cause redness, swelling, pain and sometimes infection.
- HAMMER TOES. A hammer toe is also sometimes referred to as a claw toe or hammer toe. It involves a toe deformity in which there is an imbalance in the pull of the tendon. Whether the tendons in the toes to pull harder or tendons in the lower leg to pull harder. This results in a curled toes.
- PLANTAR WARTS. Plantar Warts (plantar verucca) plantar warts are caused by a virus. Means the plantar foot, but the warts can occur elsewhere in the feet and toes as well. Plantar warts can be painful depending on where they are located. Sometimes they are mistaken for callouses because layers of hard skin can build on top of the wart.
- FLAT FEET. Flat feet (pes planus) Just because you have flat feet does not mean you will have problems or pain. If you have pain, there are various treatment options available. If you only have one leg that has a flat arch, probably because of other problems and you should get it checked out.
- ATHLETES (TINEA PEDIS). Athletes (tinea pedis) water flea on foot is a common skin condition that can affect anyone, not just athletes. It is caused by a fungus. It may cause redness, itching, small bumps filled with fluid or skin peeling. It is most commonly located in between the toes or on the bottom of the foot.
- ACHILLES TENDONITIS. Achilles tendonitis Achilles tendonitis involves inflammation of the Achilles tendon. If the tendon is still inflamed long enough, it can cause thickening of the tendon. Sometimes nodules or lumps can form in the tendon. Achilles tendonitis can be a long term problem or could lead to rupture of the tendon.
Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopedic foot specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.
- Ankle Pain due to Running Injury
- 2 Common Causes of Ankle Pain in Children
- Fungal Nail: Toenail Fungus and Treatment Options
- Sprain Treatment and Prevention
- Plantar Fasciitis (Most Common Cause of Heel Pain)
- Say Goodbye to Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Pain – Plantar Fasciitis
- Calf Pain at Night
- Prevention of Leg Cramp At Night
- The Most Common Causes of Calf Pain
- Hammer Toe
- High Heel Can Cause Nail Infections
- Bunion: Disaster of Improper Shoes