Hammer Toe: Foot Shaped Hammer Toes
HAMMER TOE? Toes are fixed (rigid) with a shortened positions. In the hammer-shaped toes, second, third, or fourth to be bent and can not be straightened.
Causes Of Hammer Toe
Main cause of hammer toe is wearing shoes that hurt over the years. Because the toe is longer than normal, excessive shift can occur, sometimes causing ulcers on the top of your toes. Treatment was attempted first is to make sure that the shoes are comfortable and not too injured toe. Any ulcers or other skin irritations treated. Surgery to straighten the toes like hammer toe may be necessary when being loud. Rarely, surgery is needed to straighten the toes.
Prevention Of Hammer Toe
You can avoid many problems in the foot, heel and ankle with shoes that actually fit. Here’s what to look for when buying shoes:
- Adequate finger room. Avoid shoes that makes your toes bend.
- Reasonably low. Avoid high heels will help you avoid problems in the back.
- Accordingly. Shoes that are bound to give space and appropriate.
- Comfortable. Choose a comfortable athletic shoes, sandals bound or soft, airy footing with cushioned soles.
- Not stuffy. Avoid vinyl and plastic shoes. They make your feet sweat while not breathing.
Additional tips may help you buy the right shoes:
- Buy shoes in the middle of the day. Your feet are smaller in the morning and the swell throughout the day.
- Measure both feet. Size of your shoes may not be the same for both feet.
- Do not assume your shoe size has not changed. The more aged, your shoe size may change – especially the width.
- Have only really suitable.
Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopedic specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.
- Hammer Toe
- High Heel Can Cause Nail Infections
- Bunion: Disaster of Improper Shoes
- Morton Neuroma: Pain In The Mid Foot
- Heel Spurs Causes Heel Pain
- Hammer Toe – Toe Deformity