Knee Pain Clinic Singapore
In Knee pain clinic Singapore, Knee pain is one of the complaints in the knee most often and experienced by people of all ages, especially the old aged people. The location and severity of pain depends on the cause of the problem.
Signs and Symptoms of Knee pain
Signs and symptoms that often accompany knee pain include pain, redness, warm, weakness, instability, swelling, stiffness, “locking”, and bumps. Knee pain may also begin with a rather mild discomfort, then slowly deteriorate.
Causes of Knee Pain
According to our knee specialist Singapore in knee pain clinic Singapore, there are several possible reasons why knee pain in this area, some of the causes of which are:
- Anterior knee pain
- Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and gout
- Baker cyst: swelling fluid behind the knee that may occur due to swelling inflammation from other causes, like arthritis
- Bursitis: Inflammation due to repeated stress on the knee, such as kneeling for long periods of time, overuse, or injury
- Connective tissue disorders such as lupus
- Dislocation of the kneecap
- Iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS): Disruption from your hip to the outside of your knee
- Infection in the joint
- Injuries of the knee: the anterior cruciate ligament injury or medial collateral ligament injury that causes bleeding into the knee, which makes the pain worse.
- Disease such as Osgood – Schlatter.
- Tendinitis: Pain in the front of the knee that gets worse when going up and down stairs.
- Torn cartilage: Pain is felt in the inside or outside of the knee joint.
- Torn ligaments: It causes pain and knee instability.
- Strain or sprain: Minor injuries to the ligaments caused by the circular motion of a sudden or unnatural.
- Being overweight can also cause pain in the knee. Surgery to lose weight and can reduce knee pain.
Knee Pain Clinic Singapore Treatments for knee pain
Treatment depends on the cause of knee pain and the actual underlying cause.
Knee pain treatments are:
- Anti-inflammatory injections into the knee joint may help to reduce the symptoms of arthritis and provide pain relief that lasts several months or even longer depending on the each and everyone’s conditions.
- Lubricant injections also known as hyaluronic injections. A thick liquid, similar to the fluid that naturally lubricates joints, can be injected into your knee to improve mobility and reduce pain.
- Surgery such as arthroscopy and knee replacement.
- Arthroscopic surgery. Depending on your injury, your doctor may be able to inspect and repair the damage to your joints using fiber optic camera and a long, narrow instruments inserted through small incisions around your knee. Arthroscopy can be used to repair damaged cartilage and reconstruct the torn ligament.
- Total knee replacement surgery. In this procedure, surgeons replace the whole of the cartilage and bones of your knee with an artificial joint made of metal alloys, high-grade plastic polymer.
Leave a reply
Looking for knee pain clinic Singapore? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopaedic specialist has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.