Leg muscle cramps are caused by spasms. Muscle cramps can happen anytime, either morning or night. Cramps not only occur in the legs, but also on other body parts. Feet cramps are usually felt as a sensation of pain, or leg muscles that suddenly hard, tense and stiff. The cause of leg cramps is overwhelming and leg muscle cramp treatment depends on the cause of the leg muscle cramp. The following will explain some causes of leg cramps, among others:
- Poor blood circulation on the feet
- Exercise or physical activity in excessive legs Lack of heating / stretching / stretching before exercising
- Exercise or physical activity when the air is very hot
- Dehydration or lack of fluids
- Muscle fatigue
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies such as vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B6 , calcium, potassium, magnesium
- Being in the same position in the body for long period e.g during sleep, thus reducing the blood circulation to the foot nerve disorders
- Could also be due to side effects of drugs consumed.
- Pregnancy can be a cause of foot cramps
- Cramps at night (nocturnal cramps). This happens a lot in people who sleep with the bent leg position
- The use of shoes that are too narrow or high heeled shoes or other underlying diseases
Treatments leg muscle cramp
There are several methods that can be applied for treatments leg muscle cramps.
Home treatment leg muscle cramp
With regard to how to deal with leg cramps, our doctors advise patients to
- Stop activities that cause leg cramps
- Stretching and massaging muscle cramps
- Holding the legs in a stretching position until the cramps disappear
- Place the hot compresses on the muscles
- Rigid Use cold compresses for sensitive muscles
- In addition, some people take magnesium supplements to reduce muscle cramps.
How to prevent leg muscle cramps
In addition to exercise, you can also do some of the following to prevent leg cramps.
- Sleep by supporting your feet with a pillow or allow your feet to hang over the edge of the bed.
- Keep the blankets loose so that the feet and fingers do not go down during sleep
- Wear comfortable footwear, especially if the flat foot texture, or any other foot disorder.
- Exercise naturally and avoid long-term hard workouts.
- Finally, warm up before starting the exercise.
Having severe and persistent leg muscle cramping? Having trouble functioning during the day because leg muscle cramp interrupt your sleep? Develop muscle weakness and atrophy with leg muscle cramp? Looking for an effective leg muscle cramp treatment? Call 64762106 or SMS 84998384 for an immediate appointment.