Muscle Knee Injury (posterior femoral muscle strain, torn hamstring) is any injury to the hamstring, which is located in the back of the thigh.
Hamstring (hamstring) play a role in straightening your hips and bend your knees.
Hamstring weaker than the quadriceps (front thigh muscles).
Cause Of Muscle Knee Injury
If the hamstring strength is less than 60% of quadriceps strength, the quadriceps will become stronger and can injure the hamstring.
Symptoms Of Muscle Knee Injury
Usually there will be a sudden pain in the back of the thigh when the hamstring contracts suddenly and with a vengeance.
Treatments For Muscle Knee Injury
Immediate treatment includes rest, ice packs, pressure and elevation.
As long as the muscles are still in the healing process, patients are not allowed to run or jump, but should still jog in place, row or swim.
Once the recovery begins, can do exercises to strengthen hamstring to help prevent recurrence.
Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopedic specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.
- Knee Pain due to Football Injury
- Knee Pain due to Skiing / Snowboarding Injury
- Knee Pain: Say NO to Obesity
- Beware of Clicking and Cracking Painful Knee
- Baker’s Cyst: Lump Behind the Knee
- Common Causes of Knee Pain
- Osteoarthritis: Why Do You Need To Consider Joint Replacement Surgery?
- Hamstring Injury: What You Need To Know About Hamstring Injury
- Symptoms of Knee Pain In Adult
- Knee Joint Replacement To Overcome Arthritis in Advanced stage
- What Is Hamstring Injury?
- Most Common Football Injuries
- Treatments for Knee Injury
- Patella Tendinitis: Tendon Injuries Often Called “Jumper’s Knee”
- Chondromalacia patellae (patellofemoral pain syndrome)
- Osteoarthritis: Main Causes Knee Joint Pain In Women
- Hamstring Injury: Location, Causes, Cure, Prevention
- Patellofemoral Pain: Pain Under The Kneecap
- Knee Pain:Causes Of Knee Pain & 3 Tips To Reduce Knee Pain