Muscle pain, also called myalgia, is pain that involves a small amount or all of the body’s muscles, ranging from mild to very extreme. Muscle is a soft tissue composed of protein filaments that have a flexible length and shape. The main function of muscles is to maintain and change posture, movement power, and movement of internal organs.
Although most muscle aches usually disappear in a short time, in some cases it can last for a longer time. Muscle pain can develop in almost all parts of the body, including the neck, back, legs and even hands.
How common is muscle pain (muscle pain, myalgia)?
Almost everyone may have experienced muscle pain at a certain time. However, muscle pain can be overcome by reducing risk factors. Discuss with the doctor for more information.
What are the signs and symptoms of muscle pain (muscle pain, myalgia)?
Common symptoms of muscle pain include discomfort in the muscles, such as pain, and spasms. This feeling can only occur in certain muscles (local myalgia) or spread from one place to another (diffuse myalgia).
What causes muscle pain (muscle pain, myalgia)?
The causes of muscle pain vary, including:
- Tense muscles in one or more areas of the body
- Excessive muscle use during physical activity
- Muscle injuries during work or strenuous exercise (muscle sprains and strains are injuries that can cause muscle aches and pains)
- Some infections or muscle inflammation
What are my treatment options for muscle pain (muscle aches, myalgia)?
According to our muscle pain specialist clinic, Treatment for muscle pain can include:
- Drugs for muscle pain: pain relief, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), drugs to increase serotonin levels and norepinephrine (neurotransmitters that modulate sleep function, pain, and the immune system) may be prescribed in low doses
- Physical therapy for muscle pain
- Massage therapy for muscle pain: resting areas of the body that experience pain and pain, compressing ice cubes in the affected area to help relieve pain.
What are the usual tests for muscle pain (muscle aches, myalgia)?
There are various techniques for determining the cause of pain, including physical examinations, pain gauges, and image tests.
Our orthopaedic specialist may recommend:
- CT or CAT scan: Computed tomography (CT)
- MRI: Magnetic resonance imaging Discography
- Bone scan
Leave a reply
Are you suffering muscle pain? Having Neck Muscle Pain? Having Back Muscle Pain? Having Knee Muscle Pain? Having Shoulder Muscle Pain? Having Calf Muscle Pain? Having thigh muscle pain? Call 64762106 or SMS 84998384 for an appointment with our orthopaedic specialist for muscle pain specialist clinic Singapore.