NECK PAIN? Very often we hear the phrase of “pain in the neck” being mentioned and affects our daily activities. Sharp pain in the neck can be a very unpleasant experience. Associated with the following factors – your neck hold the head for about sixteen hours a day, seven days a week and do not feel the pain only when lying down to sleep. For sixteen hours of this, your neck feels stiff when working, bent when watching television, reading, exercising even when talking on the phone. in the workplace, a strong bent in an uncomfortable position while watching television, reading, exercising or even talk on the phone. So do not be surprised if your neck is screaming for help!
Almost everyone has experience with pain or stiffness in the neck. Neck pain took almost half all conditions ligament, and when the whole spine pain, this is the most common case (besides cough and cold) at clinics general practice and ranks second as a cause of a person must leave work.
Fortunately the majority of neck pain is not the miserable conditions. “Acute sprain of neck muscles – acute” rine “neck, is 50-60% of the causes of pain in the neck. But this can be cured using simple treatments such as analgesia, rest and physical therapy. However, some of the pain is more serious illness than others. There are other conditions that can be life-threatening or cause great discomfort and creates more pain, such as headaches, shoulder weakness, dizziness and low back pain.
Life-threatening condition of Neck Pain
This condition requires immediate treatment and stabilisation:
- Cervical disc condition, this includes disc bulge compression of the nerves that cause critical stenosis of the spinal canal, resulting in limb weakness and then paralysis
- Cracks in the cervical spine that causes imbalance and possible paralysis
- Infection in the organ around the neck
- Spontaneous aneurysm of the vertebral artery or carotid It occurs when a blood vessel in the neck spontaneously widened
- Arthropathy and osteoarthritis, pain resulting from facet joint damage
Causes of Neck Pain
If we divide the category of neck pain, pain can occur either locally or come from other areas. Causes of localized neck pain can be caused by:
- Neck nerve – the nerve compression or irritation
- Ligamental and muscle injuries – sprains or whiplash
- Cervical vertebrae – inflammation of the small joints (facet)
- Skeleton – cracked
Even when the cause of neck pain is benign, it can be very disabling. Therefore, we should not underestimate the sore muscles of the neck due to local muscle strain which can spread to the shoulders, arms and even fingers. Sometimes it feels like such as chest pain or sharp pain in the shoulder.
Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopedic specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.
- Causes of Stiff Neck Muscles
- Torticollis (Twisted Neck)
- Torticollis? Know Before It’s Too Late
- Hernia Disc
- Neck Arthritis: Symptoms, Causes & Treatments for Neck Arthritis
- Say No To Neck Pain
- Torticollis And Wrong Sleeping Position