Neck Pain is type of pain can come from areas near the neck, such as the jaw, head and shoulders. Instead, the problem in the neck can also cause other parts of the body experiencing pain, such as the upper back, shoulders or arms. If the nerve is also involved in the neck pain symptoms, it will feel invulnerable (numbness), tingling, or weakness in the arms or legs.
Symptoms associated with Neck pain (Neck Pain Symptoms):
- Cervical disc bulge-discs are tucked in the neck can cause neck pain is prolonged with a constant stiffness around the neck and shoulder muscles. This pain can radiate to the shoulder and / or arm. Depending on the degree of protrusion, the vertebrae can be narrowed to a variety of levels-provide a sense of numbness and weakness in the hand.
- Cervicogenic headache-specific headaches associated with neck pain. They arise spontaneously, sometimes so strong that awakens the patient from sleep. The pain often feels snappy with each duration lasts from several minutes to several hours. It can be accompanied by numbness in the shoulder or hand.
- Miofasial Pain. Often, these patients have a lot of trigger points weaker on their shoulders, neck and upper back, between the scapula and cause their weak arm. This type of pain can be eliminated with a massage or acupressure for short periods of time. This pain may be triggered by stress.
- Fibromyalgia-general muscle pain involving the neck, lower back, shoulders, buttocks, and limbs. There are frequently involvement of severe fatigue, abdominal pain, or psychological pressure. Patients may experience stiffness of the joints in the hands, feet, and neck in the morning
- Rheumatoid arthritis-systemic disorder involving inflammatory conditions poly arthritis, involves the hands and feet or neck pain.
- Effects of stress-If someone is rushing to meet deadlines, without knowing it, the neck muscles tighten and shorten the neck, causing the neck joint stress. Studies have shown that stress reduces a person’s breathing, reducing oxygenation to a number of specific muscles.
Do you have Neck Pain Symptoms? Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopedic specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.
Related Articles Of Neck Pain:
- Causes of Stiff Neck Muscles
- Torticollis (Twisted Neck)
- Torticollis? Know Before It’s Too Late
- Hernia Disc
- Neck Arthritis: Symptoms, Causes & Treatments for Neck Arthritis
- Say No To Neck Pain
- Neck Pain In Children
- Neck Pain Or Stiff Neck
- Keeping Quality Of Neck Bone