What is Spinal Injection for back pain Singapore?
Spinal injection for back pain such as epidural injection for back pain.
An epidural injection is the delivery of powerful anti-inflammatory medicine directly into the space outside of the sac of fluid around your spinal cord. This area is called the epidural space.
This epidural injection is not the same with the one prior child birth, it is more to spinal injection for back pain.
Why is Spinal injection for back pain performed?
- To reduce swelling and pressures on the large nerves around the spine, most often due to a bulging disc.
- Helps to relieve pain that spreads from the lower spine to hip or down the leg
- An epidural injection may relieve symptoms and reduce inflammation BUT do not cure spinal stenosis.
Preparation for spinal injection for back pain
- Patient will normally be asked to lie on his/ her side while in a curled position.
- Dr Kevin Yip will then clean the back area where the needle will be inserted
- Dr Kevin Yip will numb the skin and deeper tissues with a local anesthetic using a very thin needle prior to inserting the Epidural needle.
- After that, Dr Kevin Yip injects a mixture of anti-inflammatory medication and numbing medicines into the area.
- The medicine decreases swelling and pressure on the large nerves around the spine and helps relieve pain.
- Patient will then be asked to rest for 15 to 20 minutes after the injection.
Risk of spinal injection for back pain
Spinal injection for back pain is generally SAFE. Possible complication may include dizziness, headache, or feeling sick to your stomach may occur but most of the time are MILD.
NOTE: In Singapore Sports Clinic, our spinal injection for back pain singapore is an effective treatment option for patient seeking to avoid surgery and who fail to get long-lasting pain from standard medication or physical therapy. Call us at our 24HR Hotline at (65) 6476 2106 to find out more.