What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It is due to inflammation of a thick band of tissue called the plantar fascia, which runs across the bottom of the foot, connecting the heel bone to the toes. Plantar Fasciitis treatment Singapore will be explained below.
Plantar fasciitis is very common in runner, overweight people, pregnant woman, and those who wear shoes with inadequate support.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
- Pain in the bottom of the heel or arch when first standing, especially first thing in the morning, which gradually improves with walking. However, this pain may return with continued walking. The pain usually subsides after a period of rest.
- Feels like a stab in the heel of your foot
What are the causes of Plantar Fasciitis?
Under normal circumstances, the plantar fascia acts like a shock-absorbing, bowstring, supporting the arch of the foot. But when the tension on the bowstring becomes too great, it creates small tears in the fascia. Repetitive stretching and tearing causes the fascia to become irritated or inflamed.
How to prevent heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis)?
- Maintaining a healthy weight to minimize the stress on the plantar fascia
- Choosing supportive shoes such as avoiding wearing high heels and to buy shoes with a low to moderate heel, good arch support and shock absorbency.
- Do not go barefoot, especially on hard surfaces.
Plantar Fasciitis Treatment Singapore
Plantar fasciitis treatment Singapore. About 90% of people who suffer from plantar fasciitis recover from conservative treatments in just a few months. There are include:
- Anti-inflammatory medicine
- Anti-inflammatory injections
- Shockwave therapy
- Orthopeadic Accessory like silicone heel cup can help to reduce heel pain
However, 10% of the people may require surgical procedure if the signs of symptoms persist and interferes the daily activities.
Do you know that ignoring plantar fasciitis may develop foot, knee, hip, or back problems? It is because the chronic heel pain will change your way of walking.
Need Consultation For Your Heel Pain? Looking for plantar fasciitis treatment Singapore? Please contact us by calling (65) 6476 2106 or SMS (65) 84998384 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional Heel Pain Specialist has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.