Shoulder pain includes any pain that arises in or around your shoulder. Shoulder pain may originate in the joint itself, or from any of the many surrounding muscles, ligaments or tendons. Shoulder pain usually worsens with activities or movement of your arm or shoulder.
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the human body. A group of four tendons in the shoulder, called the rotator cuff, give the shoulder a wide range of motion.
Swelling, damage, or bone changes around the rotator cuff can cause shoulder pain. You may have pain when lifting the arm above your head or moving it forward or behind the back.
Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
Common symptoms of shoulder pain are swelling, Redness, Tenderness and warmth around the joint, Limited Range of movement, reduced in strength.
Common causes of shoulder pain
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder Labral Tear / Bankart Tear
- Shoulder Tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Acromioclavicular Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Instability / Dislocation
Shoulder Pain Relief Singapore
At Shoulder pain relief Singapore, All treatments will be varied on individual depending on the source of pain.
Treatment for shoulder pain may include:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Injection of a powerful anti-inflammatory medicine called a corticosteroid
- Physical therapy
- Surgery may also be recommended if the conservative treatment do not work.
- Common Surgical procedure for shoulder pain.