Mid Back Pain Specialist Singapore (Thoracic Spine)
Mid Back Pain Specialist Singapore (Thoracic Spine). Mid Back Pain refers to pain or discomfort in the area between your upper and lower back. Health care professionals refer to this area as the lower thoracic area or lower thoracic spine. The upper thoracic area or upper thoracic spine makes up part of the upper back. The lumbar spine makes up part of the lower back.
What symptoms might occur with mid back pain?
In general, symptoms of middle back pain may:
- Feel like a dull, burning, or sharp pain
- Be felt at a single point or over a broad area
- Start suddenly or slowly get worse
- Be constant or come and go
- Occur with middle back pain tightness or stiffness
- Get worse when you do certain activities or move and sit in a certain way
More serious symptoms that need to be treated right away include:
- Weakness in your arms or legs
- Numbness or tingling in your arms, legs, chest, or belly
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
What are the causes of Mid Back Pain?
- Overuse, muscle strain, or injury to the muscles, ligaments, and discs that support your spine.
- Poor posture.
- Pressure on the spinal nerves from certain problems, such as a herniated disc.
- A fracture of one of the vertebrae.
- Osteoarthritis caused by the breakdown of cartilage that cushions the small facet joints in the spine.
- Other medical conditions: gall bladder disease, cancer, infection
How is Mid Back diagnosed by Mid Back Pain Specialist Singapore?
Our mid back pain specialist Singapore diagnose back pain with:
You may need more tests to check for other possible causes for your pain
Treatment for Mid Back Pain by Mid Back pain Specialist Singapore
Treatment for mid back pain by back pain specialist Singapore:
Surgery is seldom used to treat middle back pain except fracture case.