LEG CRAMP? Have you ever been jolted awake in the middle of the night, because of severe pain in the calf, which then spread to the soles of the feet?
After waking up, Touch the painful earlier. Definitely hard and tense. That is called a leg cramp.
Leg cramps are contractions of the leg muscles-especially the calves-which occurs suddenly and out of our consciousness.
Prevent Leg Cramp
- To prevent leg cramps at night, you can consider to consume supplements regularly and in moderation, especially those containing calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium.
- But remember, sodium supplements may be consumed only when the body’s sodium levels are really low, or after sweating out a lot.
- In addition, leg cramps at night can be prevented by taking 400-800 IU of vitamin E every day. It deals with the role of vitamin E in triggering neural muscular legs, which when disrupted can lead to tension in the leg muscles.
- The next step, stretch their legs and feet regularly in the afternoon and evening. You can prevent leg cramps at night to create a ‘tired’ stretch reflex before going to bed.
Exercise To Prevent Leg Cramp at Night?
- The first, lean on the wall, then do the push-up by stretching your calf muscles.
- The second, put heat pads on your feet, a maximum of ten minutes before bedtime.
- Last but not least, let the blanket dangling foot of the bed cover. Blanket this mess, besides protecting the foot from cold, also prevent your feet and toes are not natural.
- As mentioned, the cold and unnatural foot position lead to leg cramps.
Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional Senior orthopaedic specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs.
- Calf Pain at Night
- Prevention of Leg Cramp At Night
- The Most Common Causes of Calf Pain
- Calf Pain – Things You Need To Know!