When you add the thickness or height of heels, it also adds to the instability of the foot. In high heels, hips tilt forward, and add curvature to the spine. The spine will eventually spill over backwards to correct the balance, and this can cause compression in the lower back. The use of high heels can also continually increase the risk of inflammation of the great toe, the foot bone damage, and increase the risk of a curved toe. Heels that are too high also makes foot slipped to the front of the shoe as the body weight is concentrated on your toes. If your shoes are covered in the model, toes would be sore on the wall of shoes.
Health Impact When One Choose Wrong High Heels
- Calluses (thickening of skin). Calluses alias thickening of the skin can occur if we choose a shoe that is not right. If you choose the wrong model or size of shoes, your feet will rub against the skin with the leather shoes. Quite often it also happens friction between your toes. Continuous friction that causes thickening of the skin and calluses.
- Heel Spur (Growing bones). Heel Spur is a small bone growth that resembles a thorn in the heel. It is caused by inflammation stimulates the cells in the body to form new bone. The form is not good soles can trigger inflammation. As a result of heel spur, there will be pain also swelling around the ankle.
- Ingrown toenail. One chose the shape and size of shoes can damage your toenails. Pressure caused by forcing the toe nail not to grow. The growth of your toenails become normal, because her into.
- Arthritis. Walk by using the high-heeled shoes will be slightly bent knees. As a result, the load on the thighs and knees makes you susceptible to injury. If you walk with your knees slightly bent, it can put pressure on as much as 2-fold greater in your kneecap and increase the risk of arthritis. Four problems above are just a few of the problems that can arise because you choose the wrong shoes. Back pain, leg nerve damage and risk of sprains certainly not be forgotten
- Bunion. Bunion in medical language called hallux Valgus. Actually this is one of the most common foot problems. Changes in the structure of bones and the joint between the foot and the great toe that makes bones around joints protruding toe. This problem also affects women more often than men because of possible tissue fastener joints that connect the bones of the legs in women more lax than men’s feet. This shape change can develop from an abnormality in foot function, or arthritis, but most because wearing shoes that do not fit. Shoes with heels that are too high to make the weight leaning forward and pressing the toes. While trying shoes that are too narrow, with a pointed tip, can cause leg began to follow the form of the toe. Their toes as if squeezed in the shoe, causing the first foot bone protruding. Shoes are not the only cause swollen great toe. There are also women who inherited it from family. There is no single cause of any of the changes in the shape of the great toe. Sometimes even a little to do with shoes. But the shoe is indeed a trigger factor. If you get a tendency for these foot problems, improper footwear can aggravate the problem.
- Shortening of Calf Muscle. According to the study, walk by wearing high heels causes the calf muscles will eventually shortened by about 13 percent. Calf muscles to contract and adjust the angle of high heels. As a result, muscles become shorter and tense. When you swap the high-heeled shoes with flat shoes, muscles tensed in a position unusual for causing pain and discomfort. Women who wear high heels almost every day will definitely see a chronic effect on their calf muscles. These muscles will become progressively shorter, and would be difficult to extend it again when it is released in high heels, and you’re trying to run as usual. When wearing high heels, you will be forced to walk with your body propped on your toes (on tiptoe), reducing the distance between the ankle and the back of the knee. Thus, it will force the calf to contract. In fact, when you’re just wearing heels about 5 cm only, it is able to cause muscle damage in the long run. Often times it will make women feel uncomfortable when wearing sneakers or even barefoot. However, you need not worry. The researchers suggested that high-heeled shoes enthusiasts diligently doing stretching exercises after removing the shoes to prevent shortening of the calf muscles before. One of the recommended practice is, put one foot on the steps, and the other foot on the steps on it, then move your heel up and down to stretch the calf muscles. Repeat this several times after removing the shoes. Surely, your legs so much more comfortable after swapping shoes with flat shoes.
- Knee. The resulting posture when walking with high heels to add force to the back of the knee, the common areas of osteoarthritis among women. According to one study, increased knee joint pressure by 26 percent when women wear high heels.
- Posture. High heels push the centre of mass of the body forward, making the hip and spine are no longer aligned. From the side, the body will look curved.
- Pressure. High heels may make the foot look more level. However, the higher your heels, the higher the pressure on the forefoot (on your fingers). When you wear heels 2.5 cm, the pressure will increase 22 percent, while the 7.5 cm heels will add to the pressure by 76 percent.
- Benign tumours. High heels and the front of the narrow shoe can cause thickening of nerve tissue between the third and fourth toes, which can cause pain and numbness in the toes.
- Achilles tendon. When the front foot moves downward in the direction of their rights, Achilles tendon will contract. The higher the right, the shorter the tendon, creating pain in the heel.