Singapore Elbow Pain Specialist Centre
ELBOW PAIN. Pain in the elbow of the arm is often experienced by someone who has a habit or passive work that rests on the muscles of the arm, such as writing, painting, typing, or use an excessive computer mouse.
This disorder originates in the forearm, ie the outer side under the elbow joint. Men and women can experience this disorder especially for those whose work is related to weight lifting, golf athletes or tennis.
Elbow pain is characterised by pain and pain in the elbow of the arm. This condition poses a risk that the forearm can not function normally. For example, can not be straightened, bent, or when twisted. This condition also contracts on the fingers of the hands that feel tight and stiff.
Common conditions of elbow pain
1. TENDONITIS, in the form of: lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow), inflammation of tendon, medullary epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow).
3. ELBOW FRACTURE (broken elbow).
4. Elbow sprain (elbow sprain).
5. Elbow Arthritis.
7. Infection of the elbow joint (septic arthritis).
8. Elbow Tumors; can occur primary bone cancer.
10. Distal biceps tendinitis.
11. Triceps tendinitis.
Treatments for Elbow Pain
Treatment of elbow pain will depend on the cause of the pain
- Physiotherapy for strengthening. Applicable to soft tissue elbow injury.
- Shockwave therapy
- Platelet rich plasma therapy.
- Elbow surgery. Applicable to severe elbow fracture or elbow ligament torn.
Having elbow pain? Call +65 6476 2106 for an appointment with our orthopaedic consultants who have more than 20 years experience. Call now!