Singapore Foot Pain Specialist Centre
Foot pain is very common and may affect anyone at any point in life. Do not ignore foot pain!
Causes of foot pain
Foot pain may be caused by many different diseases, deformities, biomechanical conditions, improper footwear, or injuries.
Foot pain causes by diseases
Infectious disease, viruses, fungi, and bacteria can cause foot pain. Plantar warts on the bottom of the foot are caused by a virus and can cause irritation and pain. Athlete’s foot, which is caused by a fungus, can lead to foot irritation and pain. A common cause of foot pain is an ingrown toenail. Ingrown toenails occur when the edges of the nail grow through or into the skin, resulting in pain and often leading to infection.
Many systemic diseases such as diabetes, lupus, gout, and rheumatoid arthritis can cause foot pain. Rheumatoid arthritis can cause painful inflammation in the joints of the foot.
Foot pain causes by deformities
Deformities, such as flat feet, tarsal coalitions, calcaneal varus, calcaneal valgus, bunions, claw toes, mallet toes, hammertoes, and bone spurs, are common causes of foot pain.
Foot pain causes by injuries
- Repetitive injury
- Microtrauma injuries can be caused by running on uneven surfaces or surfaces that are too hard or too soft, or by wearing shoes that have poor force-absorption qualities, are not activity specific, or fit incorrectly.
- Foot ligament sprains, muscle strains
- Foot fracture
- Stress Fracture
- Achilles tendon injury
Foot pain causes by improper footwear
Foot pain causes by joint problem
- Toe joint deformities
- Hammer Toe
- Achilles tendonitis
Foot numbness and tingling sensation causes by:
If the nerve of the foot is affected, you may feel numbness, tingling sensation or even burning sensation.
Treatment for foot pain
Treatment of foot pain will depend on the cause of the pain
- Fibreglass cast for immobilisation. Applicable to minor foot fracture.
- Physiotherapy for strengthening. Applicable to soft tissue foot injury.
- Shockwave therapy
- Platelet rich plasma therapy.
- Foot surgery. Applicable to severe foot fracture or foot ligament torn.
Call +65 6476 2106 now to schedule an appointment with our experienced foot specialist Singapore