What is Spondylosis?
Spondylosis is a term for spinal degeneration, for example bone spurs and disc degeneration between the spine. Often, the term spondylosis is used to describe osteoarthritis in the spine.
Common symptoms of spondylosis include: Stiff or painful in the neck or back. Usually, the discomfort in the back subsides when lying down. Weakness or numbness in the feet or hands if the condition is severe enough to affect the spinal cord. Pain in the shoulder. Headache. There may be signs and symptoms not mentioned above.
If you have concerns about a particular symptom, discuss it with your doctor.
As we get older, bones and ligaments in the spine weaken, causing bone spurs (osteoarthritis). The intervertebrate disk degenerates and weakens, causing hernias and protrusions on the disc. As a result, someone can experience some symptoms of spondylosis.
Risk Factors for Spondylosis
There are many risk factors for spondylosis, namely:
- Injury or trauma to the joint
- Genetic predisposition
- People who have work or exercise that put stress on certain joints. Age. Symptoms are often first reported between the ages of 20 and 50 years. More than 80% of people over 40 years have evidence of spondylosis in X-ray studies
- Gender. For people under 45 years, osteoarthritis is more common in men. After the age of 45, osteoarthritis is more often found in women
The diagnosis of spondylosis is carried out using radiological examinations such as plain X-ray films, MRI, or CT scans.
There is no treatment to reverse the spondylosis process, because this is a degenerative process.
Treatment for spondylosis targets back pain and neck pain that can cause spondylosis. Therefore, this spondylosis treatment is similar to the treatment of back pain and neck pain. The available treatments fall into several categories: ,medication, self-care, exercise and physiotherapy, minimally invasive procedures, such as injections and surgery.
- Tips for Healthy Back
- Back Pain Treatment Options
- Back Pain due to Golf Injury
- Back Pain: Don’t Ignore!
- Tips to Avoid Back Pain From Lifting Weights
- Simple Way to Overcome lower back pain
- Back Pain: Causes and How to Cope While in Office
- Beware Back Pain due to Slipped Disc
- Epidural Injection for Back Pain