Whether you are a seasoned athlete, a soldier, or a person who diligently exercise, you should be able to keep your knees from the problem. Bound by an intricate system of ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and muscle, are very susceptible to knee injuries. It is a meeting place for a complex hinge femur (thigh bone), tibia (shin bone), fibula (side of the tibia) and the kneecap.
It was difficult to find the right balance between mobility and stability. The knee needs to move back and forth, turning slightly. These conditions if too often can lead to torn knee, tendon swelled even to osteoarthritis.
Tips to Overcome Knee Injury
- Do not ignore pain in the knee. Pain in the knee once in a while is common . But when the pain limit your ability to do something you always did, then you should see a doctor immediately .
- Avoid Excess Weight Gain. Excess weight also increases your chances of developing osteoarthritis in the knees, form a common and often disabling arthritis and had to wear pads of cartilage in the knee . Excess weight also causes inflammation of the joints that is deteriorating faster. If your knee pain, is more difficult to lose weight through weight training. So just by walking on the treadmill.
- Undergoing rehabilitation and rest. Undergoing rehabilitation after knee injury is very important to avoid the pain. Recovery can take several weeks to several months , so it should be a lot rest. During the rehabilitation period, you need someone to help you distinguish between something that is simply painful, and something that will hurt you.
- Do not ignore ACL. One of the most commonly injured ligament in the knee, is the anterior cruciate ligament ( ACL ) that causes approximately 150,000 people have a knee injury in the U.S. every year . Women in particular have a risk two to eight times more likely to undergo ACL than men, primarily because of the way women naturally jump, thus making a greater load on the ACL .
- Do not Overuse. Intensity or duration of excessive exercise can cause overuse injuries from repetitive strain . Patella tendonitis and pain are common symptoms in the knee. Be sure to stretch before and after exercise .
- Overlooking other muscles around the knee. Weak muscles and lack of flexibility is a major cause of a knee injury. When the muscles around the kneecap , hip , and pelvis are strong, provide the support to make the knee stable and balanced . Quadriceps and hamstring muscles and strengthening the core muscles of the body, including the obliques, lower back muscles, and upper thighs are very important.
- Warm up before exercise to avoid strain muscle.
Leave a reply
Need Consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. Our professional orthopaedic specialist, Dr. Kevin Yip, has more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.