Treat Your Back With Respect – Avoid Bad Habits & Back Strain
- Bend your legs and not your back. Keep your spine as vertical as possible. If necessary, bend your knees. Keep loads close to your body, When load is heavy, seek HELP
- Change standing position often. If you must stand for long periods, use a small footrest to shift your weight. Stand upright with head up and back straight. Walk with good posture, chin tucked in, head high and toes pointing forward. Wear comfortable, low-heeled shoes.
- Sit straight and move car seat forward so that the knees are in level with the hip. Support your lower back, use rolled-up towel or lumbar support.
- Support your back’s lumbar curve’ to reduce pressure on spinal discs using a lumbar support or rolled-up towel. Your seat should be at a height that put your thighs parallel to the floor.
- Sleep on bed with firm, well spring mattress and base. When sleeping on your side, bent knees so that they touch on top of each other or if on your back, place a pillow under your knees.
- Don’t bend forward at the waist or twist while lifting heavy loads. Avoid holding load at arm’s length. Don’t lift load above shoulder level. These positions produce tremendous strain on the spine.
- Don’t stand too long in one position. Avoid bending over with legs straight. Don’t walk slouching forward. Don’t wear high heels when walking or standing for long periods.
- Don’t drive sitting too far back from the wheel. Stretching for the pedals and wheels produces strain.
- Don’t slump. Avoid sleeping on your stomach as it will cause swayback and back strain. Don’t sleep or lounge on soft, non-supporting mattresses or cushions.
Treat Your Back With Respect
Leave a reply
Need consultation? Please contact us by calling (65) 64762106 or Schedule an Appointment here on our website. “Our doctors“ have more than 20 years experience. Be assured that you will be receiving professional treatments that suit your needs. Consultations are covered by most insurance.