GOUT? Pain, joint stiffness, burning sensation, redness and swelling at the base of the toes, heels, knees, ankles, hands and elbows are characteristics of gout.
Gout is a disease caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals in connective tissue, which is the space between two bones or the bone itself.
The buildup of these crystals causes inflammation that triggers arthritis, swelling, redness, heat, pain and stiffness in the joints.
Uric acid is a substance that builds up resulting from the breakdown of purines, substances are part of all human tissue and are found in various types of food.
Should uric acid is dissolved in the blood and passed through the kidneys and eventually excreted in urine. But if the production of uric acid in the body increases and the kidneys are not strong enough eliminate uric acid, then this condition triggers hyperuricemia (elevated uric acid levels in the blood).
Causes of Gout
Identify five causes in order to prevent gout.
- Overweight. This is because there is more tissue that may break or change that triggers increased production of uric acid.
- Too much alcohol, thereby disrupting travel for uric acid out of the body.
- A disturbance in one of the enzymes that help breakdown of purine compounds that make a person subject to gout if foods containing purine foods.
- Consuming certain drugs such as salicylates, cyclosporine, levodopa or diuretics.
- Genetic likely play a role, although not too large. Because an estimated 18 percent of people who have a history of arthritic disease.
If the body is susceptible to gout then the following things should be done to avoid gout:
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, because liquids can help remove excess uric acid from the body.
- Avoid foods that contain a lot of purines such as beer, alcoholic beverages, anchovies, sardines, eggs, fish, yeast, liver, kidneys, legumes (peas), meat extracts, broth, mushrooms, asparagus, spinach and cauliflower.
- Keeping weight by exercising regularly.
- Do not do an extreme diet, as this can also increase uric acid levels in the blood.
Tell your doctor all the medicines and vitamins are consumed to prevent the increased risk of hyperuricemia drugs taken.
Gout is often called uric acid, but it is different with rheumatic diseases. Because gout associated with metabolic disorders spending levels of uric acid in the blood that clogged a crystal. While arthritis is a disease of the joints due to an autoimmune disorder that lasts a long time.